Indira Gandhi National Open University or IGNOU is an Open Learning University in India, established in 1985 by the Government of India. This educational institute is the largest University in the world in terms of student enrollment.
IGNOU has a total of 21 schools (Division of Study) 67 regional centres and 2667+ study centres all over the country, however, IGNOU also has 29 centres in 15 different countries.
IGNOU Admission July 2021 Session: – IGNOU has officially started its next admission cycle in July month after the end of the January month admission session. IGNOU conducts the process of admission twice a year which is at the beginning and mid of the year.
Students who were not able to participate in the January admission session due to any reason and who want to participate now can take part in this July 2022 admission session. They don’t need to wait any longer.
Students can apply for admission in any discipline of IGNOU as per their eligibility criteria. This current session is expected to run from June 2022 to August 2022.
IGNOU Admission July 2022 – Important Dates
|Events||Official Date [July Session 2022 ]|
|Official Notice Date||–|
|Last Date of Application Submission||–|
|Extended Date of Submission||–|
|Late Submission of Application||–|
IGNOU Admission 2022 – 2023
Online applications are open for admission in any discipline of IGNOU for the admission session in July 2022. The last date for admission to IGNOU is 31st July 2022 (Extended date), where Indian students and international students can participate in the admission process.
The university had earlier set the last date for admission to 15th July; however, the university has extended the date keeping in view the COVID. Interested students who were not able to apply for their admit card in the January admission session, have a golden opportunity, they can now submit their application in this session.
The selection of IGNOU for higher education is absolutely right if you want to do other work along with your studies. The recognition of degrees obtained from IGNOU is similar to that of other government universities. There is so much difference in this that you do not have to go to regular school. IGNOU is a boon for those who have not been able to complete their studies due for any reason and are getting it.
Taking an educational journey in IGNOU is easy for any student. The fee structure of IGNOU is economical as compared to other government institutes and the standard of education is also high. Talking about the study material, it is also considered very useful for the Indian Civil Examination.
IGNOU Admission 2022 – 2023 Eligibility Criteria
If you have completed a 10+2 or equivalent examination and waiting for the final result, then you can apply for admission to IGNOU as per IGNOU guidelines.
To take admission, the candidates will have to get all the necessary documents verified and submit copies of the documents to the officials of IGNOU before the due date. The admission application of the student who fails to submit the documents will be cancelled.
IGNOU is one of the largest open universities in India, although according to Wikipedia, it is the largest university in the world in terms of student enrollment. International students can also take admission to IGNOU.
IGNOU Admission Eligibility Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree: – Interested students must hold class 10 and class 12 certificates.
- Master’s degree: – Interested students should have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- M.Phil. courses: – Students must have a master’s degree with an accredited score of 55% or equivalent. SC/ST/OBC students can get a relaxation of 5% and they must have 50% or equivalent scores.
- PhD courses: – The students must have either a master’s degree or an M.Phil. degree with 55% of the minimum marking.
- Post-graduate diploma: – The student should have finished the graduation course to take a PG diploma course.
- Advanced certificate: – The student should have a 10+2 certificate or any equivalent certificate from a recognized institute or university.
If you are fulfilling the eligibility criteria of your selected course or subject, then submit your personal and qualification information on IGNOU’s official site, and for more information download the latest brochure.
How to fill up the IGNOU Admission form?
Open IGNOU’s Official Admission Portal to register yourself.
First, you have to open Ignou’s official admission portal and then register yourself by clicking on the “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” button. In case you have already registered on the portal then just fill up your username and the password to login on to the Ignou admission portal, then proceed with your admission procedures. When you register for the first time, you have to verify yourself via phone OTP or email verification, so go ahead and register yourself.
Apply for a programme
When you register yourself and logged in to the portal, you have to click on apply for a new programme, and as you can see in the image above, the same page will open in front of you. Total of eight stages you have to fill up your information. So, what documents will require in the process we will list them below, but first, we should know about all the stages.
- Personal – here you have to fill up your all personal information (Name, Addresses, contact number, etc.).
- Programme – here you must select the programme which you want to pursue.
- Qualifications – here you have to fill up details about your academic qualifications and need to upload your documents.
- Course – here you have to select some subjects related to your programme.
- Corresponence details –
- Upload – upload all required documents
- Preview – here you can check your fill out the information, in case you fill up some incorrect information, you can correct them before final submission.
- Fee – In the last step you have to pay the programme fee. If you want to know what is your programme fee check out our course & fee structure listing page.
- Scanned Photograph
- Scanned Signature
- Scanned Age Proof
- Scanned Educational Qualification
- Scanned Experience Certificate (if any)
- Scanned Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC
- Scanned BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line
FAQs about IGNOU admission
Is IGNOU admission open for 2021?
Yes, IGNOU’s admission is open for the current (July 2021), session. And the late last date is 16 August 2021.
Is the IGNOU admission date extended?
For July 2021 session, IGNOU has been extended to the last date of admission and that is 31st July 2021. However, you can still submit your application before 16th August 2021 as a late submission application.
What documents are required for IGNOU admission?
For IGNOU admission, you must have your photograph, age proof document (Aadhar Card), educational qualification documents, experience certificate (if any), cast category certificate (for concession), and documents will be required.
When can I take admission to IGNOU?
IGNOU university conducts admission twice a year, in January and July. So, if you are eligible for admission then you can take admission during the admission session.